4 outbuildings, 12 vehicles lost in 135-acre fire in Rio Blanco
August 20, 2015
A 135-acre fire in Meeker off County Road 7 Thursday burned 12 vehicles and four outbuildings, according to the Rio Blanco County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page.
The fire was located roughly 2.5 miles up from Highway 64, and it’s now 50 percent contained. Meeker Fire Department is in charge of the fire.
Moffat County Sheriff KC Hume confirmed the information posted on Rio Blanco’s Facebook page at a Craig Fire/Rescue board meeting Thursday evening
No homes were lost in the fire.
The newspaper will update this story as more information becomes available.
Trending In: Crime & Courts
- Man who unintentionally fired bullet during Steamboat baseball game is a Wyoming police officer
- City to consider vacating easements near RiverView development on Yampa River
- Steamboat dog makes miraculous recovery
- Man self-splints broken arm after being thrown from horse in Zirkels
- Widow’s benefits halved after late husband tests positive for marijuana in Loveland ski area death