City offers update on construction projects
June 11, 2017
Work will continue this week on construction projects underway on Yampa and Oak streets in downtown Steamboat Springs.
On Yampa Street, crews have moved to 12th Street between Yampa and Lincoln Avenue and are working on concrete curb, gutter and sidewalk installation along Little Toots Park and in front of Orange Peel. Little Toots Park will remain open to the public, but access points may be limited.
Also this week, crews will begin work on utility installations, which may cause a water shut off tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, June 13
The 11th Street intersection has reopened, and the 12th Street intersection will be closed to vehicular traffic for two to three weeks.
In addition, Yampa Street remains closed between 10th to 12th Streets
Work this week on Oak Street will focus on the following areas.
Recommended Stories For You
- The north side of Sixth to Seventh streets, as crews undertake remaining concrete work, tree planting and hydro-seeding.
- The south side of Seventh and Eighth streets, as crews pour concrete driveway, plant trees and hydro-seed.
- The north side of Eighth to Ninth streets, as work moves from storm sewer inlet to concrete work for curb, gutter and handicap ramps.
- The north side of Ninth to 10th streets, as prep work begins for curb, gutter, sidewalks and handicap ramps.
- The south side of Ninth and 10th streets, for storm sewer pipe work and inlet installation at the corner of 10th and Oak streets.
Bi-weekly public informational meetings are held at 9 a.m. every Friday in Centennial Hall, Room 113/114. The next meeting will be held Friday, June 16.
Information on the overall project is available at diggindowntown.com.
Sign up to receive project updates at steamboatsprings.net or send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.