Brodie Farquhar: Decoration decorum
December 15, 2014
Thank you so much for protecting the delicate sensibilities of your readership Friday, regarding the front-page article about dog zapped, Christmas tree lights turned off.
It would have been both rude and crude to be too specific about what exactly the dog did to create an electrical connection between the tree lights and the metal grate.
("Mommy, what did the dog do that caused him to get shocked? What do you mean, go ask Daddy?")
As a reader concerned about public safety, may I suggest a couple options for county authorities to consider? First, adjust the string of lights a foot higher, out of reach of most pooches. Secondly, perhaps a restaurant might loan the use of a kitchen floor mat, which could be pegged over the metal grill and provide both insulation and drainage.
After all, we don't want the town's canine population (male subset) put at further hazard.
Recommended Stories For You