Steamboat Springs kindergarten registration now available online
March 25, 2018
Steamboat Springs School District kindergarten registration for the 2018-19 school year is open. To enroll online, visit steamboatschools.net and click on "Online Enrollment Registration — New Students Register Here" to register new preschool, kindergarten or first-grade students. The district is reviewing registration numbers to determine class size and staffing. Registration kiosks are also available at school offices and at the District Office, 325 Seventh Street, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday.
YVSC hosts event on rural energy revolution at library Tuesday
Yampa Valley Sustainability Council is partnering with Rocky Mountain Institute to provide an educational event, "Clean Energy: The Revolution in How We Source and Use Energy," at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 27 at Bud Werner Memorial Library's Library Hall in Steamboat Springs.
RMI is a Basalt-based nonprofit organization and global leader in addressing climate change with market-based solutions in energy and transportation. RMI presenter Kevin Brehm specializes in rural energy and will discuss how technological innovation, business model advancements and private capital are driving the change to a carbon-free and renewable energy system throughout Colorado. Visit yvsc.org for more information.
CMC set to offer small business cash management seminar
Colorado Mountain College Steamboat Springs will offer a business seminar that addresses challenges small businesses face with cash flow and working capital management from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, March 29 in the Yampa Valley Entrepreneurship Center at CMC.
Randy Rudasics, former business owner, SCORE counselor and manager of the Enterpreneurship Center, will lead the seminar, which will cover accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, impacts of seasonal business on cash, structured borrowing strategies to meet demand and the impact of well managed working capital on income statements and balance sheets.
The fee to attend the seminar is $15. To register, call 970-870-4491. This Success Steps Seminar is sponsored by Routt County, the Steamboat Springs Chamber Resort Association and CMC.
Recommended Stories For You
Free Parkinson's exercise classes offered across Routt County
Free Parkinson's exercise classes are offered seven days per week in Routt County. Classes are free of charge to those with Parkinson's and their care partners. Registration is not necessary. Classes are funded by Yampa Valley Parkinson's Support Network.
Classes are as follows.
- Essentrics: 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Mondays and 9 to 10:15 a.m. Fridays at Heart of Steamboat Methodist Church, 736 Oak St. Contact Jacqueline Teuscher at 303-829-2869 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Balance, Cardio, Strength and Agility: 1 to 2 p.m. Mondays at The Haven, 300 South Shelton Lane, Hayden and 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Wednesdays at Heart of Steamboat Methodist Church, 736 Oak St. Contact Eva Gibbon at 970-846-9887 or email@example.com.
- Yoga: 11:15 a.m. to noon Thursdays at Heart of Steamboat Methodist Church 736 Oak Street. Contact at Cheryl Anders at 970-875-4568 or
- Power Punch for Parkinsons: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturdays at Old Town Hot Springs pool, 136 Lincoln Ave. Contact Daphne Butas at 703-655- 9464 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Aquatics: 10 to 11 a.m. Sundays at Old Town Hot Springs pool.
- Nordic Skiing (during Haymaker Nordic Center season): 11 a.m. to noon Tuesdays at Haymaker Nordic Center, 34855 East U.S. Highway 40. Equipment is available. Contact Haymaker Nordic Center at 970-879-9444.
Steamboat student named to DePauw's Tiger Pride Honor Roll
Peter White, a member of DePauw Soccer team from Steamboat Springs, has been named to the Tiger Pride Honor Roll. He is one of 205 DePauw student-athletes named to the honor roll for achieving at least a 3.40 grade point average for the 2017 fall semester.
The honor roll recognizes DePauw student-athletes who are members of an NCAA varsity athletics team and have a semester grade point average of 3.40 or higher.
Colorado Centennial Farms and Ranches application available
History Colorado is seeking eligible applicants for the 2018 Centennial Farms & Ranches ceremony to be held at the Colorado State Fair in August. To earn recognition as a Colorado Centennial Farm or Ranch, a property must meet the following criteria.
- Have remained in the same family continuously for 100 years or more.
- Be a working farm or ranch.
- Have a minimum of 160 acres—however, properties with fewer than 160 acres can qualify if they gross at least $1,000 in annual sales.
- Properties that have four or more well-maintained structures — that are at least 50 years old — are also eligible for a Historic Structures Award.
Applicants must provide information about the history of their property and its buildings and demonstrate that the farm or ranch meets the program's requirements. If they are applying for a Historic Structures Award, applicants must submit photos of the eligible buildings or structures.
The program is a collaboration between History Colorado and the Colorado Department of Agriculture. The deadline for applications is April 30. To apply or learn more, please visit historycolorado.org/centennial-farms-ranches or call 303-866-3392.
UCHealth Yampa Valley Medical Center searching for volunteers
UCHealth Yampa Valley Medical Center is seeking caring people to join its volunteer team. Openings are available in the following programs: day surgery support, front desk at the Outpatient Pavilion and the music program. Anyone interested in becoming a volunteer or who would like more information should contact Volunteer Services at 970-870-1146 or email at email@example.com.
Trending In: Briefs
- Spring runoff 2018 in Steamboat Springs defies the odds
- Arrest made in downtown Steamboat business burglary
- What trails are open around Steamboat Springs this mud season? We checked in with some experts
- JetBlue adds 3 new destinations to Steamboat’s winter flight schedule
- Roaming snowcat food truck, renovated restaurant coming to Steamboat Ski Area