Best of the Boat: Best Pizza — Blue Sage Pizza
November 9, 2017
Blue Sage Pizza is on a pizza roll — so much so that the pie shop usurped last year's winner Beau Jo's to win this year's Best Pizza crown.
Located in Wild Horse Plaza, just steps away from Wildhorse Stadium Cinemas, Blue Sage boasts a menu offering all of the traditional favorites such as cheese and its best-selling pepperoni, as well as those with a more exotic flair, such as cream cheese. The deep-dish pizzas also are very popular, as is its array of specialty pizzas, including the everything-but-the-kitchen-sink Full Boat; Spinach-stuffed Deep Dish; meat-filled Vegetarian Nightmare; and Spicy Texan, with barbecue sauce, chicken, fresh jalapenos, bacon and pineapple.
"But pepperoni is still our best-seller, both in slices and whole pizzas," says owner Mike Eller.
He credits its success to a friendly staff and the best ingredients available. "We use everything from locally grown sausage and other meats to organic sauce," he says. "It all makes a big difference."
Trending In: Steamboat Living
- Judge could intervene in Routt County sheriff ‘election battle’
- Pizza place in downtown Steamboat has new owners
- Ken Mauldin: Students have no 1st Amendment rights to walkout
- Hayden student removed from school after ‘actions and statements’ reported
- Steamboat students walk out of class, join nationwide protest