Thursday is deadline to vote for Steamboat over Bellingham, Wash., in ski town contest
November 8, 2012
Steamboat Springs — Update: Voting has closed, and Steamboat beat Bellingham, 519 to 434. Rest up because it’s not over. Steamboat will face the winner of Crested Butte and Bend, Ore., on Dec. 5 and 6.
Powder Magazine is having a Ski Town Throwdown contest to find the best ski town in North America (they got ya in there Canucks) by bracket-style, head-to-head battles decided by votes on Facebook.
One of this week’s matchups is Steamboat Springs’ first-round contest against Bellingham, Wash.
As of Thursday morning, Steamboat held a lead, but don’t let the fourth quarter slip away. “Like” Powder Magazine on Facebook, cast a vote for Steamboat then share your smart decision-making with others.
Some comments on the contest page:
This is difficult because I love Bellingham — it’s where I went to college, but it’s NOT a ski town! That’s why I voted for the BOAT!
Recommended Stories For You
— Heidi Kerr-Schlaefer
Life in the boat is nothing less than amazing! The powder is epic, the terrain is like no other resort and the lift lines are short. Plus, the town is a blast! The people are friendly and the night life is a blast.
— Heather Biewick
Steamboat; Come for the Skiing and stay for the people.
— Ron Contarino
Thanks, Ron. We appreciate it.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Orthopedic surgeons partner to create new combined practice in Steamboat
- Craig police, school district investigating shooting threat made on high school by two students
- Routt County treasurer withholding tax money from Steamboat after tax error discovered
- Steamboat business owner has issues with pot shops being stuck in west side of town
- Students who threatened school shooting in Craig located by police