Steamboat’s Halloween events include trick-or-treating, pumpkin contest
October 31, 2009
Steamboat Springs — – Denver Broncos alumni game – Steamboat Springs High School Gym, 10 a.m.
Five Denver Broncos alumni will take on the Steamboat Springs All-Stars in an exhibition basketball game. Doors open at 9 a.m., and the event features a costume contest and prizes. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children ages 2 to 18. Tickets are available at the middle and high schools, Awesome Shirtworks, Wells Fargo, All that Jazz, Geeks Garage and Debbie Aragon’s State Farm Insurance office. Watch an interview about the game at http://www.exploresteamboat.com.
– Kids carving event – Steamboat Arts & Crafts Gym, 1 to 4 p.m.
Bring your own pumpkin for this free carving party. Call 879-0384. 1280 13th St.
– Stagecoach Halloween 2009 – Coyote Run Park, 2 to 4 p.m.
This Halloween celebration starts with a parade in Coyote Run Park at 2 p.m. with trick-or-treating starting in that area and moving to Rock Point Drive, Red Hawk Village and Ormega Way.
Recommended Stories For You
– “The Haunted Library” reading – Epilogue Book Co., 2 p.m.
Local author and Steamboat Pilot & Today city editor Blythe Terrell will read from her children’s book, “The Haunted Library,” an adventure-themed book for children fourth grade and older. Spooky treats are provided. The event is free. Call 879-2665. 837 Lincoln Ave.
– Festival O’ Pumpkins – Routt County Courthouse lawn, 3:30 to 8 p.m.
The Steamboat Springs Arts Council presents its second annual Festival O’ Pumpkins contest, with prizes in children’s and adult categories for scariest, funniest, most artistic or best in the ‘Boat. Registration is from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., judging is from 5:30 to 7 p.m. and pumpkin pickup goes until 8 p.m. Learn more about the event by watching a video detailing at http://www.exploresteamboat.com. The event is free. Call 879-9008.
– Bella, gypsy fortune teller – Artists’ Gallery of Steamboat, 5 to 7 p.m.
Have your fortune told by Bella, a fortune teller from Transylvania. Call 879-4744. 1009 Lincoln Ave.
– Downtown Halloween Stroll – Lincoln Avenue, 5 to 7 p.m.
This free event between Fifth and 11th streets invites children of all ages to trick-or-treat at the businesses on Lincoln Avenue. Watch footage of some of the most outstanding costumes at the 2008 event at http://www.exploresteamboat.com. Call 846-1800.
– Kip Strean – Ghost Ranch Saloon, 5:30 to 8 p.m.
Live local music. The event is free. Call 879-9898. 56 Seventh St.
– Haven Halloween party – The Haven Assisted Living Center, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
This community Halloween party includes games, costumes and treats. Call 276-4484. The Haven is at 300 S. Shelton Lane in Hayden.
– “Screamboat Chamber of Horror” – Colorado Mountain College, 6 to 10 p.m.
Students and faculty from Colorado Mountain College pull out all the scary stops for the last night of their annual haunted house, with something to scare anyone who comes through. Admission is $5. The haunted house is in Monson Hall, and the campus is at 1370 Bob Adams Drive.
– “Monster Mash” – Boys and Girls Club of Steamboat, 6:30 to 9 p.m.
The Boys and Girls Club of Steamboat is sponsoring a “Monster Mash” after the Halloween Stroll. Events include a dance party, costume contest, games and complimentary popcorn and beverages. The event is free. The Boys and Girls Club is in the gym at Eighth and Aspen streets. Call 303-532-9274.
– Sunpie’s Halloween Party & Freak Show – Sunpie’s Bistro, doors open at 7 p.m.
Costumes are required for Sunpie’s second annual Halloween party, which features two DJs. The event is free. Call 870-3360. 735 Yampa St.
– Blissful Mayhem – Hahn’s Peak Cafe, 8:30 p.m.
A local band provides rock favorites during Hahn’s Peak Cafe’s Halloween party, which includes costumes, drink specials, party favors and prizes. The event is free. Call 871-1495. 61010 Routt County Road 129, past Clark.
– Agent Orange with the Amputators – Ghost Ranch Saloon, 9 p.m. Saturday
Classic punk rock band Agent Orange returns to Steamboat with local rock band Amputators opening the show. Wear a costume for a chance at tickets to upcoming concerts and other prizes. Pay $10 at the door. Listen to the Amputators at http://www.myspace.com/amputators. Call 879-9898. 56 Seventh St.
– Jesse Christiansen and Midnight Ride – Glen Eden Family Restaurant & Tavern, 9 p.m.
Glen Eden’s Halloween party includes live music from two bands, drink specials and a costume contest with prizes for the scariest, funniest and most creative outfits. The event is free. Call 879-9555. 54737 C.R. 129.
– Cabin Fever – Hi-Way Bar, 9 p.m.
Two trips to Las Vegas will be given away in a raffle, and another one will be a prize at the Hi-Way’s Halloween bash, which includes live music from Cabin Fever, costume contests and additional prizes. The event is free. Call 276-4200. 136 East Jefferson St in Hayden.
– One Headlamp – The Colorado Bar & Grill, 9 p.m.
Local singer-songwriter Todd Musselman fronts One Headlamp for The Colorado Bar’s Halloween party, which includes a costume contest. Pay $5 at the door. Call 736-0715. 100 East Main St. in Oak Creek.
– DJ Jestah – Bistro c.v., 10 p.m.
Bistro c.v. will be closed for dinner service today to prepare for its Halloween party, which features a DJ and drink specials. Call 879-4197. 345 Lincoln Ave.
– Missed the Boat – Mahogany Ridge Brewery and Grill, 10 p.m.
Local folk rock and bluegrass band Missed the Boat will bring a disco theme and prizes to Mahogany’s Halloween and costume party. The event is free. Call 879-3773. 435 Lincoln Ave.
– Halloween party with DJ Also Starring – The Tap House Sports Grill, 10 p.m.
DJ Also Starring provides the music for a Halloween bash that includes a costume contest for a snowboard. The $10 door fee buys a chance to win a 2009-10 season ski pass. Call 879-2431. 729 Lincoln Ave.
– Springdale Quartet – Old Town Pub, 10 p.m.
The Boulder band plays blues, jazz and funk, and the bar hosts a costume contest with Bronco tickets and OTP gift cards as prizes. Pay $5 at the door. Call 879-2101. 600 Lincoln Ave.
– Rowdy Shade House Funk Band – The Boathouse Pub, 10 p.m.
Dance to Front Range funk music while competing in a costume contest. Listen to sample songs at http://www.myspace.com/therowdyshadehousefunkband. The event is free. Call 879-4797. 609 Yampa St.
– Dollar Bowling Night – Snow Bowl, 10 p.m.
Bowl for a dollar a game from 10 p.m. at Snow Bowl. Call 879-9840. 2090 Snow Bowl Plaza, off U.S. Highway 40 in west Steamboat.
– Kenny Perkins – The Tugboat Grill & Pub, 10 p.m.
Songwriter and blues musician Kenny Perkins brings a Texas roadhouse feel to alternative blues rock. Listen to Perkins at http://www.myspace.com/kennyperkinsband. Pay $5 at the door. Call 879-7070. 1860 Ski Time Square Drive.
– DJ Tah – Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant, 10 p.m.
Music starts at 10 p.m., and costumes are encouraged any time during the night at the Rio. Drink specials and a costume contest with a cash giveaway are on tap for 10 p.m. The event is free. Call 871-6277. 628 Lincoln Ave.
– Fiesta Jalisco Halloween party – Fiesta Jalisco, 10:30 p.m.
Costumes are required for the Fiesta Halloween party, which features music, dancing and special drinks. The event is free. Call 871-6999. 445 Anglers Drive.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- New Silver Creek Fire burning in Routt National Forest
- Anger, disappointment and shock after mural vandalized in downtown Steamboat Springs
- Pot shop sues city of Steamboat after relocation application denied
- Tom Ross: Steamboat Whistle publication provides glimpse of summer tourism in the 1960s
- Driver in fatal US 40 crash sentenced to 18 years in prison