Steamboat Ski Area snow report for Thursday, Dec. 20
December 20, 2012
The Bashor chairlift opens Thursday, with access to Drop Out, Bashor, Short Cut and Feather trails.
The Morningside lift is scheduled to open Friday, and Pony Express will open Sunday.
Past 24 hours: 1 inch at mid-mountain and 6 inches of new snow at the summit
Past 48 hours: 11 inches at mid-mountain
Recommended Stories For You
Since close yesterday: 1 inch of snow at mid-mountain
Base: 39 inches
Total snow: 93.75 inches
Lifts and trails
Clear skies and cold temperatures are forecast for Thursday. As of 5 a.m., the temperature was negative 2 degrees at mid-mountain with winds coming from the west. The high for Thursday on the mountain should be about 18 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Orthopedic surgeons partner to create new combined practice in Steamboat
- Craig police, school district investigating shooting threat made on high school by two students
- Students who threatened school shooting in Craig located by police
- Mom And Dad set to take over the Old Town Pub in Steamboat
- Steamboat business owner has issues with pot shops being stuck in west side of town