Steamboat Ski Area snow report for Friday, Dec. 21
December 21, 2012
The Morningside chairlift opens Friday.
According to the 5 a.m. snow report, the mountain is now 85 percent open.
No new snow in the past 24 hours
Past 48 hours: 1 inch
Recommended Stories For You
Base: 35 inches
Total snow: 93.75 inches
Lifts and trails
14 lifts are open
144 trails are open
As of 5 a.m., it was 17 degrees at mid-mountain.
Avalanche danger is considerable in the backcountry.
The Colorado Avalanche Information Center is reporting two observed avalanches Thursday on Buffalo Pass.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Orthopedic surgeons partner to create new combined practice in Steamboat
- Craig police, school district investigating shooting threat made on high school by two students
- Students who threatened school shooting in Craig located by police
- Routt County treasurer withholding tax money from Steamboat after tax error discovered
- Steamboat business owner has issues with pot shops being stuck in west side of town