Steamboat Ski Area snow report for Friday, Dec. 21
December 21, 2012
The Morningside chairlift opens Friday.
According to the 5 a.m. snow report, the mountain is now 85 percent open.
No new snow in the past 24 hours
Past 48 hours: 1 inch
Recommended Stories For You
Base: 35 inches
Total snow: 93.75 inches
Lifts and trails
14 lifts are open
144 trails are open
As of 5 a.m., it was 17 degrees at mid-mountain.
Avalanche danger is considerable in the backcountry.
The Colorado Avalanche Information Center is reporting two observed avalanches Thursday on Buffalo Pass.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- New Silver Creek Fire burning in Routt National Forest
- Anger, disappointment and shock after mural vandalized in downtown Steamboat Springs
- Pot shop sues city of Steamboat after relocation application denied
- Tom Ross: Steamboat Whistle publication provides glimpse of summer tourism in the 1960s
- Driver in fatal US 40 crash sentenced to 18 years in prison