Steamboat lacrosse stays unbeaten
April 14, 2009
Steamboat Springs — Strong offense from Gus Worden and Brian Bertrand helped boost the Steamboat Springs High School boys lacrosse team to a 14-3 victory against Battle Mountain in the Vail Valley on Monday.
Steamboat improved its record to 10-0 with the win. The team faces a busy week with games every night except for Friday.
“We can’t get overconfident at this point, we have to keep getting better at our game. We have to improve at the little things to help make us that much better,” coach Bob Hiester said after the win.
Steamboat netted six goals in the first quarter of Monday’s game and controlled the contest from start to finish.
Worden and Bertrand had three goals each. Chase Grippa added two goals, and Andrew White had one goal and an assist. Garret Ehrick, Drew Ruff, Tyler Samlowski, Grant McCannon and Jack Spady also scored goals.
“We not relying on one or two guys, we are playing good team lacrosse,” Hiester said.
Recommended Stories For You
Steamboat and Battle Mountain play again at 4 p.m. today at Gardner Field in Steamboat Springs.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- New Silver Creek Fire burning in Routt National Forest
- Two fires ignite north and south of Steamboat late Sunday afternoon
- Tom Ross: Steamboat Whistle publication provides glimpse of summer tourism in the 1960s
- Pot shop sues city of Steamboat after relocation application denied
- Routt County real estate transactions for July 13 to 19, 2018