Steamboat lacrosse stays unbeaten
April 14, 2009
Steamboat Springs — Strong offense from Gus Worden and Brian Bertrand helped boost the Steamboat Springs High School boys lacrosse team to a 14-3 victory against Battle Mountain in the Vail Valley on Monday.
Steamboat improved its record to 10-0 with the win. The team faces a busy week with games every night except for Friday.
“We can’t get overconfident at this point, we have to keep getting better at our game. We have to improve at the little things to help make us that much better,” coach Bob Hiester said after the win.
Steamboat netted six goals in the first quarter of Monday’s game and controlled the contest from start to finish.
Worden and Bertrand had three goals each. Chase Grippa added two goals, and Andrew White had one goal and an assist. Garret Ehrick, Drew Ruff, Tyler Samlowski, Grant McCannon and Jack Spady also scored goals.
“We not relying on one or two guys, we are playing good team lacrosse,” Hiester said.
Recommended Stories For You
Steamboat and Battle Mountain play again at 4 p.m. today at Gardner Field in Steamboat Springs.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Orthopedic surgeons partner to create new combined practice in Steamboat
- Former Steamboat teacher suspected of burglarizing bike shop
- Storm creates white-out conditions on Rabbit Ears Pass
- Routt County treasurer withholding tax money from Steamboat after tax error discovered
- Steamboat business owner has issues with pot shops being stuck in west side of town