Steamboat Fourth of July parade to include F-16 jet flyover
June 29, 2010
Steamboat Springs' jam-packed Fourth of July holiday weekend will feature a special set of guests this year.
American Legion Post 44 announced Monday that this year's Fourth of July parade down Lincoln Avenue in downtown Steamboat will feature a flyover by a formation of Air Force F-16 jets.
The military jets are expected to roar over the parade route sometime after the 10 a.m. parade start on Sunday morning.
Local Legion officials said the flyover was organized as part of a larger tribute Independence Day tribute to local veterans, including those in extended care at the Doak Walker Care Center, as well as the men and women serving their country across the globe.
For complete Fourth of July event information, visit http://www.exploresteamboat.com and pick up a copy of the Steamboat Today throughout the week.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Man self-splints broken arm after being thrown from horse in Zirkels
- City to consider vacating easements near RiverView development on Yampa River
- Steamboat dog makes miraculous recovery
- Routt County real estate transactions for July 6 to 12, 2018
- Drinking in the library: The Record for Saturday, July 14, 2018