Steamboat Fourth of July parade to include F-16 jet flyover
June 29, 2010
Steamboat Springs' jam-packed Fourth of July holiday weekend will feature a special set of guests this year.
American Legion Post 44 announced Monday that this year's Fourth of July parade down Lincoln Avenue in downtown Steamboat will feature a flyover by a formation of Air Force F-16 jets.
The military jets are expected to roar over the parade route sometime after the 10 a.m. parade start on Sunday morning.
Local Legion officials said the flyover was organized as part of a larger tribute Independence Day tribute to local veterans, including those in extended care at the Doak Walker Care Center, as well as the men and women serving their country across the globe.
For complete Fourth of July event information, visit http://www.exploresteamboat.com and pick up a copy of the Steamboat Today throughout the week.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Flourishing or floundering? Bald eagle population recovery celebrated, but another threat remains
- New development plans submitted for 655 Yampa St.
- Assault at restaurant: The Record for Saturday, April 21, 2018
- Arrest made in downtown Steamboat business burglary
- Routt County real estate transactions: April 13 to 19, 2018