Steamboat Briefs: South Routt greenhouse gets $20,000 boost
April 15, 2009
The South Routt School District picked up $10,000 to build a greenhouse for students as the recipient of the 2009 Arthur Anderson Grant Award from Routt County United Way.
The project is a joint endeavor with Peabody Energy, which is contributing another $10,000.
The greenhouse will be used to grow plants for Peabody Energy’s land reclamation efforts as well as eventually playing a role in school fundraising and gardening efforts.
The grant is intended to honor Arthur Anderson’s legacy with a project that brings together private and public funds, involves youth and will provide a significant impact for the South Routt community.
Routt County officials say “thank you” to dispatchers
Routt County Communications is celebrating National Telecommunications Week through Saturday.
The communication director and supervisors would like to thank its hard-working team of public safety dispatchers.
Recommended Stories For You
Tread of Pioneers Museum is closed for mud season
The Tread of Pioneers Museum at Eighth and Oak streets is closed for mud season.
The museum will re-open with regular hours on April 28.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- New Silver Creek Fire burning in Routt National Forest
- Two fires ignite north and south of Steamboat late Sunday afternoon
- Tom Ross: Steamboat Whistle publication provides glimpse of summer tourism in the 1960s
- Pot shop sues city of Steamboat after relocation application denied
- Routt County real estate transactions for July 13 to 19, 2018