Steamboat Briefs: South Routt greenhouse gets $20,000 boost
April 15, 2009
The South Routt School District picked up $10,000 to build a greenhouse for students as the recipient of the 2009 Arthur Anderson Grant Award from Routt County United Way.
The project is a joint endeavor with Peabody Energy, which is contributing another $10,000.
The greenhouse will be used to grow plants for Peabody Energy’s land reclamation efforts as well as eventually playing a role in school fundraising and gardening efforts.
The grant is intended to honor Arthur Anderson’s legacy with a project that brings together private and public funds, involves youth and will provide a significant impact for the South Routt community.
Routt County officials say “thank you” to dispatchers
Routt County Communications is celebrating National Telecommunications Week through Saturday.
The communication director and supervisors would like to thank its hard-working team of public safety dispatchers.
Recommended Stories For You
Tread of Pioneers Museum is closed for mud season
The Tread of Pioneers Museum at Eighth and Oak streets is closed for mud season.
The museum will re-open with regular hours on April 28.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Orthopedic surgeons partner to create new combined practice in Steamboat
- Craig police, school district investigating shooting threat made on high school by two students
- Routt County treasurer withholding tax money from Steamboat after tax error discovered
- Steamboat business owner has issues with pot shops being stuck in west side of town
- Former Steamboat teacher suspected of burglarizing bike shop