Steamboat briefs: Rotary Club offers 4-week cultural exchange program
October 5, 2009
Steamboat Springs — When it’s the middle of winter in Steamboat Springs, it’s the height of summer in Australia. What better time to visit and become engrossed in the richness of the local culture?
The Rotary Club of Steamboat Springs is looking for a young professional between the ages of 25 and 40 who would be interested in and benefit from a four-week vocational and cultural exchange to northeast New South Wales. All travel expenses are paid by Rotary International, and the Group Study Exchange team members will stay with host Rotarians in New South Wales.
The four-week exchange will take place from Feb. 6 to March 13. The team members must have been fully employed in their profession with a minimum of two years experience and have an interest in the study of people and vocations of another culture. Applicants must be willing to devote one weekend a month prior to departure for orientation sessions.
Information about the GSE program and application forms can be found on the Rotary Club’s Web site, http://www.rotary.org. Completed applications are due to the Rotary Club of Steamboat Springs no later than Wednesday. For more information, call Brent Boyer at 871-4221 or Jim Steinberg at 879-3718.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- College student recovers after getting bitten by rattlesnake near Steamboat
- Man who unintentionally fired bullet during Steamboat baseball game is a Wyoming police officer
- Anger, disappointment and shock after mural vandalized in downtown Steamboat Springs
- Yampa River flows on the rise due to reservoir releases above Steamboat
- Steamboat City Council seeks to place 5 percent tax on marijuana before voters