Steamboat Briefs: Kiwanis announces holiday ornament design contest
April 17, 2009
The Kiwanis Club of Steamboat Springs is offering a contest to Routt County youths ages 18 and younger, to design the club’s 2009 Kiwanis Christmas ornament.
The youth with the winning design will be given a cash prize of $250.
Entries should reflect some aspect of Steamboat Springs and/or Routt County’s unique character.
Artwork needs to be a circular design about the size of a standard ornament – no more than 8 inches of original art.
Final size of artwork will be 2 inches in diameter. Preference will be given to Adobe digital format entries sent to Danmi@Jeld-Wen.com.
Mail entries can be sent to Dan Miller – Kiwanis Contest, 1786 Meadow Lane, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487. Deadline for entries is May 15.
Recommended Stories For You
Volleyball league interest meeting set for May 11
Anyone interested in playing in the city of Steamboat Springs’ summer coed beach volleyball league is invited to attend an interest meeting 5:30 p.m. May 11 at the Parks, Open Space and Recreational Services Office, 245 Howelsen Parkway.
The season begins in June and ends in late August with games Monday evenings. League fees and schedule information will be covered at the interest meeting.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Orthopedic surgeons partner to create new combined practice in Steamboat
- Craig police, school district investigating shooting threat made on high school by two students
- Routt County treasurer withholding tax money from Steamboat after tax error discovered
- Steamboat business owner has issues with pot shops being stuck in west side of town
- Former Steamboat teacher suspected of burglarizing bike shop