Steamboat Briefs: Hayden Town Board to meet at Town Hall tonight
April 16, 2009
The Hayden Town Board of Trustees is scheduled to discuss budget revisions at its meeting tonight. The board starts with trustee reports at 7 p.m. and then moves to its regular meeting at 7:30 p.m. at Town Hall, 178 W. Jefferson Ave. The town is cutting projected 2009 revenues and must cut expenses proportionately, Town Clerk Susan Irvine said.
Trustees also will hear a presentation from the Transportation Solutions Committee, which plans to discuss options for transportation improvements across the Yampa Valley.
VNA to host children’s health insurance fair today
The Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association hosts a free enrollment fair for children’s health insurance from 4 to 8 p.m. today at the VNA offices at 940 Central Park Drive, Suite 101.
Parents can enroll their children for low-cost or no-cost insurance through Medicaid or the Children’s Health Plan.
Parents need to fill out an application, available at the VNA office, as well as they can. They also should bring the child’s birth certificate, child’s ID card with photo, child’s social security number, last month’s paycheck stubs for everyone in the household who is working, and evidence of pregnancy if applying for presumptive eligibility. The VNA will offer free face painting for kids and a raffle for a free family membership to the Old Town Hot Springs. For more information call the VNA at 871-7616.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Orthopedic surgeons partner to create new combined practice in Steamboat
- Craig police, school district investigating shooting threat made on high school by two students
- Routt County treasurer withholding tax money from Steamboat after tax error discovered
- Steamboat business owner has issues with pot shops being stuck in west side of town
- Former Steamboat teacher suspected of burglarizing bike shop