Steamboat briefs for July 7
July 7, 2007
Wrestling camp to feature Olympic champion
The Yampa Valley Wrestling Club is holding a two-day wrestling camp with Olympic champion Rulon Gardner. The camp is from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday and 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday at Christian Heritage School. The cost is $100, and a USA Wrestling card is required. The card can be purchased at registration.
The camp is open to interested wrestlers ages 6 and older. Call (970) 620-1811 for more information and to register.
Immunization clinic offered through VNA
Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association will be providing a drop-in immunization clinic for adolescents 11 to 18 years old from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. July 11 at the Steamboat VNA office at 940 Central Park Drive, Suite 101. Vaccinations will be offered for: Meningococcal, Tdap (tetanus booster), Hepatitis A, and HPV for females. No appointment is necessary. Students younger than 18 must have a parent present and must take their vaccine records. The VNA charges a sliding scale of $0 to $14 per shot for children younger than 19. Call 879-1632.
The Steamboat Springs Pregnancy Resource Center, 544 Oak St., is open from noon to 6 p.m. Tuesdays and from 9 a.m. to noon Thursdays for free pregnancy tests and ultrasounds. The center also stocks many items for babies. Walk-ins always welcome. Call 871-1307.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Spring runoff 2018 in Steamboat Springs defies the odds
- JetBlue adds 3 new destinations to Steamboat’s winter flight schedule
- Arrest made in downtown Steamboat business burglary
- What trails are open around Steamboat Springs this mud season? We checked in with some experts
- Roaming snowcat food truck, renovated restaurant coming to Steamboat Ski Area