Steamboat briefs for July 20
July 20, 2007
Hayden man arrested in marijuana case
A 20-year-old Hayden man was arrested Wednesday night on suspicion of providing marijuana to a minor.
Hayden Police Chief Ray Birch said Jeremy Travis Retter was arrested at his apartment in the 300 block of W. Lincoln at about 6:30 p.m. after one of Retter’s relatives called police to report the smell of marijuana coming from the home.
Hayden police Officer Darin Falk later contacted Retter and another minor at Hayden Town Park.
After interviewing Retter and finding some marijuana in his home, Retter was arrested on suspicion of felony contributing to the delinquency of a minor and misdemeanor possession of less than 1 ounce of marijuana, Birch said.
Birch said he hopes Retter’s arrest will send a message to the community.
Recommended Stories For You
“We will continue to aggressively investigate all drug activity, especially that involving our kids, to protect them and keep them safe,” he said.
Retter’s bond was set at $10,000 during a Routt County Court hearing Thursday. He is scheduled to appear in court at 1 p.m July 25.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Orthopedic surgeons partner to create new combined practice in Steamboat
- Former Steamboat teacher suspected of burglarizing bike shop
- Storm creates white-out conditions on Rabbit Ears Pass
- Routt County treasurer withholding tax money from Steamboat after tax error discovered
- Steamboat business owner has issues with pot shops being stuck in west side of town