Steamboat briefs for July 13
July 13, 2007
$10,000 bond set in Sunpie’s stabbing arrest
A Routt County Court judge set a $10,000 bond in the case of a man accused of stabbing another man during an argument at a downtown Steamboat Springs bar July 6.
Christopher Allen Hamm, 29, had his advisement in court shortly after being arrested Wednesday afternoon on suspicion of second-degree assault and bias-motivated crime. Both crimes are felonies.
Hamm, a Michigan resident who is working in Steamboat Springs, was arrested on suspicion he stabbed Alfred Turner in the leg at Sunpie’s Bistro after telling Turner to stop talking to two white women. Turner is black. Hamm allegedly referred to himself as a Nazi.
Hamm is scheduled to appear in Routt County Court at 2 p.m. July 25.
Emerald City Opera seeks volunters for production
Recommended Stories For You
The Emerald City Opera is seeking volunteers for its 2007 production. Positions are available for front of house and backstage. Dates range from Aug. 8 to 19, 2007. Contact Carter Dunham at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Man who unintentionally fired bullet during Steamboat baseball game is a Wyoming police officer
- City to consider vacating easements near RiverView development on Yampa River
- College student recovers after getting bitten by rattlesnake near Steamboat
- Steamboat dog makes miraculous recovery
- Man self-splints broken arm after being thrown from horse in Zirkels