Steamboat Brief: Sen. Bennet to speak in Steamboat Springs today
April 14, 2009
U.S. Sen. Michael Bennet, D-Colo., will make two stops in Routt County today. The first, from 8 to 9 a.m. at Centennial Hall in downtown Steamboat Springs, is for a town hall meeting with residents and elected officials. The second stop is at 10 a.m. at The Haven Assisted Living Center in Hayden. Bennet will then continue on to Moffat, Rio Blanco and Garfield counties.
The stops are part of Bennet’s Western Slope “Recovery in Action” tour, according to a news release. Bennet is expected to highlight local economic recovery projects and discuss job creation and economic growth in small towns across the state. The public is invited to attend each of his stops.
Library offering space to show collections
Bud Werner Memorial Library has display space available to feature your unique, historical or artistic collections. Share a story about your trip around the world, your community project or your nonprofit organization. For details, call Karen at the library at 879-0240, ext. 306.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Flourishing or floundering? Bald eagle population recovery celebrated, but another threat remains
- New development plans submitted for 655 Yampa St.
- Steamboat boy battles kidney cancer
- Spring Creek at a tipping point? Some worry about more cycling traffic coming off of Buffalo Pass
- Routt County real estate transactions: April 13 to 19, 2018