Steamboat Brief: Sen. Bennet to speak in Steamboat Springs today
April 14, 2009
U.S. Sen. Michael Bennet, D-Colo., will make two stops in Routt County today. The first, from 8 to 9 a.m. at Centennial Hall in downtown Steamboat Springs, is for a town hall meeting with residents and elected officials. The second stop is at 10 a.m. at The Haven Assisted Living Center in Hayden. Bennet will then continue on to Moffat, Rio Blanco and Garfield counties.
The stops are part of Bennet’s Western Slope “Recovery in Action” tour, according to a news release. Bennet is expected to highlight local economic recovery projects and discuss job creation and economic growth in small towns across the state. The public is invited to attend each of his stops.
Library offering space to show collections
Bud Werner Memorial Library has display space available to feature your unique, historical or artistic collections. Share a story about your trip around the world, your community project or your nonprofit organization. For details, call Karen at the library at 879-0240, ext. 306.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Man who unintentionally fired bullet during Steamboat baseball game is a Wyoming police officer
- City to consider vacating easements near RiverView development on Yampa River
- Steamboat dog makes miraculous recovery
- Man self-splints broken arm after being thrown from horse in Zirkels
- Ohana’s growth means change for coffee lovers