Sarah Coleman: For the love of pizza
February 9, 2017
Steamboat Springs — One of the hardest things about healthy eating is that you have to give up some of your favorite comfort foods. Or, do you?!
I love pizza. I mean it, I love pizza! So, what is a girl to do when she is craving pizza? Try this recipe and get ready to be cured.
Cauliflower pizza bites
Recommended Stories For You
• Grate one head a cauliflower into a large bowl.
• Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and seasonings of your choice, such as crushed red pepper, dried basil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, pepper, etc.
• Toss in three eggs and mix until blended.
• Add 4 ounces of your favorite meat toppings and about 1 cup of your favorite vegetable toppings. My go to recipes are Hawaiian (cooked crumbled bacon, salami, pineapple bits, and jalapeños) and Italian sausage (cooked Italian sausage, cooked chopped mushrooms and black olives). Go ahead get crazy.
• Bake at 400 for about 30 minutes in a greased muffin tin. Serve with your favorite tomato sauce for dipping. You won't even miss the crust or cheese.
Healthy eating shouldn't be too difficult. It just takes a little extra planning and some work on your part. You can make dishes like this ahead of time and freeze them for a healthy snack later in the week. As a matter of fact, I am eating one now.
Happy "pizza" eating, my friends.
Sarah Coleman brings years of personal health and fitness knowledge to the table. Currently the health and wellness director at The Foundry, Coleman is a personal trainer, "CrossFitter," coach, outdoor enthusiast, managing partner with Inspired Live Network and owner of A Weight Lifted Fitness Camp. She provides flawless technique and a positive attitude. Taking fitness to new levels, she uses the outdoor environment, your living room or work space, as well as the gym to influence and push her clientele. Funky knee socks and outrageous colors make Sarah unique, which transfers into her training and brings a smile to everyone's face.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Steamboat loses a leading citizen in Mary Brown Tomasini
- Steamboat’s Big Agnes planning 11-week ‘staff meeting’ on Continental Divide Trail
- On the market: A rare downtown development opportunity
- Routt County real estate transactions: May 18 to 24, 2018
- Appeal by convicted Steamboat child molester denied