Sandy Schwindy: No duplication
October 17, 2007
Like many of you, my thoughts on the proposed recreation center vacillate frequently. However, I now believe we should vote down the recreation center, as proposed, and here’s why.
It’s a matter of duplication. According to the plans for the facility, several items will be duplicated. Why should voters who have the opportunity to join Old Town Hot Springs or any other fitness center in town, pay for a facility they may not use?
I think we need to go back to the drawing board and add or delete items so we aren’t duplicating what we already have. God knows we have enough fitness centers in this town. How about adding a resistance pool and squash and racquetball courts? Now that’s a novel idea.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- JetBlue adds 3 new destinations to Steamboat’s winter flight schedule
- Spring runoff 2018 in Steamboat Springs defies the odds
- What trails are open around Steamboat Springs this mud season? We checked in with some experts
- Grand Junction girl, 12, believed to have been abducted while walking home from school
- Arrest made in downtown Steamboat business burglary