Rick Dowden: Douglas spot-on
April 5, 2009
Steamboat Springs — It would be difficult for me to agree more with Rob Douglas’ column (“Routt County’s April fools”). I am especially intrigued with his idea that we really don’t need full-time commissioners and can leave the day-to-day management of the county’s affairs with what I think is an excellent staff. Then, the commissioners could meet periodically to perform as a board (as do the Steamboat Springs City Council and Steamboat Springs School Board), and not as full-time administrators.
In addition to the county almost certainly running better, we could reduce the commissioner salaries to what part-time board members should be paid and use the money saved for far more necessary and useful things. Rob is to be congratulated on some great thinking and some very clear and accurate observations.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- ‘Antler Man’ displays collection in Oak Creek
- Steamboat school district cost of living ranks 4th highest in Colorado
- Man arrested after bizarre motorcycle crash in Routt County
- Authorities release identity of Parks and Wildlife employee who drowned in Steamboat Lake
- Yampa river closures affect fishing in Steamboat