Nordic combined athletes Lodwick, Demong honored
Todd Lodwick, Bill Demong named 'Competitors of the Year'
October 2, 2009
Steamboat Springs — U.S. Nordic combined athletes Bill Demong and Todd Lodwick were named the Colorado Ski & Snowboard Hall of Fame Competitors of the Year last week.
Demong and Lodwick each had banner years in 2009.
Lodwick, returning from retirement, won two gold medals at the World Championships in Liberec, Czech Republic.
He won in the 10-kilometer individual normal hill and 10-kilometer mass start events. Demong won a gold in the 10-kilometer individual large hill event and a bronze in the 10-kilometer individual normal hill event.
The award recognizes competitors who “distinguished themselves in international competitive snow sports.”
The 2009 inductees to the Hall of Fame include Freda Langell Nieters, Spider Sabich, David Scott, Ann Bonfoey Taylor, Otto Tschudi and Otto Werlin.
Recommended Stories For You
Steamboat already has a solid contingent in the Hall of Fame. Gordon Wren was inducted in 1958, Buddy Werner in 1964, Katy Rodolph Wyatt in 1966, Carl Howelsen in 1969, Billy Kidd in 1976, Sven Wiik in 1981, Deb Armstrong in 1984 and Nelson Carmichael in 2004.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Man who unintentionally fired bullet during Steamboat baseball game is a Wyoming police officer
- City to consider vacating easements near RiverView development on Yampa River
- Steamboat dog makes miraculous recovery
- Man self-splints broken arm after being thrown from horse in Zirkels
- Ohana’s growth means change for coffee lovers