Members of the Steamboat Springs Education Fund Board: Clearing up article
October 14, 2007
To the Community of Steamboat Springs,
Regarding the Oct. 5 article, “Fund Board plans PR blitz” and Oct. 10 editorial, we would like to explain the Education Fund Board’s reasons for this educational campaign.
The one-half percent sales tax funds have been used since 1993 to provide integral programs, infrastructure and staff throughout the school district.
Survey results indicated that many residents are not aware of the wonderful and beneficial programs the fund provides. Consequently, we felt it would be prudent to provide the community with more information about the fund prior to a renewal vote.
To effectively inform the public, resources beyond those of the volunteers who administer the funds were deemed necessary (all members of the commissions and board serve as volunteers). The Education Fund Board prefers to hire local organizations when possible. For this effort, no local firms were available. We are, however, currently reviewing local proposals for Web site design. The resolution passed Oct. 3 set aside funds up to $45,000, which includes the cost of Web site design. No contracts have been signed at this point in time, and the cost could be significantly less.
We hope this clears up any questions you might have about what was reported in last Thursday’s article. If not, please feel free to contact any member of the Steamboat Springs Education Fund Board.
Recommended Stories For You
Members of the Steamboat Springs Education Fund Board
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- College student recovers after getting bitten by rattlesnake near Steamboat
- Anger, disappointment and shock after mural vandalized in downtown Steamboat Springs
- Man who unintentionally fired bullet during Steamboat baseball game is a Wyoming police officer
- Yampa River flows on the rise due to reservoir releases above Steamboat
- Steamboat City Council seeks to place 5 percent tax on marijuana before voters