Maria Mosman: Be careful driving
November 26, 2008
Be careful driving
To the editor:
On Friday, Nov. 21, at around 1:30 in the afternoon, someone ran over our kitten. I would like to thank this person for not stopping and just leaving him on the street for us to find. I’m sorry that it was too much of an inconvenience for you to stop and tell us, as we were standing right outside when it happened. I also hope you have slept well over the past couple of nights knowing you killed someone’s pet because my children have not and have cried numerous times.
Our street is not a raceway. The speed limit on Jeremiah Avenue is 25 mph. There are about 20 children ranging in ages from 2 to 17 who live and play on Jeremiah Avenue. Please use caution when driving up and down our street. Our kitten could have easily been one of our children crossing the street to play or chasing a ball that rolled into the street.
Thank you for taking responsibility for your careless driving. I hope you made it to your destination that afternoon without harming another animal or human.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Orthopedic surgeons partner to create new combined practice in Steamboat
- Craig police, school district investigating shooting threat made on high school by two students
- Routt County treasurer withholding tax money from Steamboat after tax error discovered
- Steamboat business owner has issues with pot shops being stuck in west side of town
- Former Steamboat teacher suspected of burglarizing bike shop