Maria Mosman: Be careful driving
November 26, 2008
Be careful driving
To the editor:
On Friday, Nov. 21, at around 1:30 in the afternoon, someone ran over our kitten. I would like to thank this person for not stopping and just leaving him on the street for us to find. I’m sorry that it was too much of an inconvenience for you to stop and tell us, as we were standing right outside when it happened. I also hope you have slept well over the past couple of nights knowing you killed someone’s pet because my children have not and have cried numerous times.
Our street is not a raceway. The speed limit on Jeremiah Avenue is 25 mph. There are about 20 children ranging in ages from 2 to 17 who live and play on Jeremiah Avenue. Please use caution when driving up and down our street. Our kitten could have easily been one of our children crossing the street to play or chasing a ball that rolled into the street.
Thank you for taking responsibility for your careless driving. I hope you made it to your destination that afternoon without harming another animal or human.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- New Silver Creek Fire burning in Routt National Forest
- Anger, disappointment and shock after mural vandalized in downtown Steamboat Springs
- Pot shop sues city of Steamboat after relocation application denied
- Tom Ross: Steamboat Whistle publication provides glimpse of summer tourism in the 1960s
- Driver in fatal US 40 crash sentenced to 18 years in prison