Man arrested in alleged sex assault
Craig man arrested on suspicion of two incidents involving 9-year-old girl
October 17, 2007
Steamboat Springs — A 33-year-old Craig man was arrested Oct. 5 on suspicion of forcing a 9-year-old girl to touch him inappropriately at a Thanksgiving gathering last year.
The man, who faces five felony counts of sexual assault on a child by someone in a position of trust, is scheduled to appear in Routt County Court at 1 p.m. today.
According to court documents, the man, who lives in unincorporated Routt County, was allegedly involved in two separate offenses involving the girl. The incidents occurred between Jan. 1, 2005, and Nov. 29, 2006, at the man’s home.
The alleged incidents were first reported to the Routt County Department of Human Services on Nov. 29, 2006. Two Routt County Sheriff’s Office investigators became involved in the case as well as a 14th Judicial District investigator.
Police interviewed the man on three occasions about the alleged incident – twice in 2006 and once on June 11, 2007. The man denied the allegations, court documents indicate.
On June 22, 2007, the man agreed to a physical examination in Craig, according to court documents.
Recommended Stories For You
The man was arrested by the Moffat County Sheriff’s Office on a warrant, and taken to Moffat County Jail. The man was advised in Moffat County Court on Oct. 9. He has posted the $20,000 bond that was set in his case and is no longer in custody.
– To reach Alexis DeLaCruz, call 871-4234
or e-mail email@example.com
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Spring runoff 2018 in Steamboat Springs defies the odds
- Arrest made in downtown Steamboat business burglary
- What trails are open around Steamboat Springs this mud season? We checked in with some experts
- JetBlue adds 3 new destinations to Steamboat’s winter flight schedule
- Roaming snowcat food truck, renovated restaurant coming to Steamboat Ski Area