Leftover Salmon, Robert Randolph highlight Steamboat’s free winter concert series
November 12, 2012
Steamboat Springs — Leftover Salmon, Robert Randolph & the Family Band, and the Dirty Dozen Brass Band highlight the Steamboat Ski Area's 2012-13 Bud Light Rocks the Boat Free Concert Series lineup announced Monday.
The annual concert series that takes place on the Steamboat Stage in Gondola Square kicks off opening weekend with a Nov. 24 performance by the Dirty Dozen Brass Band. The series continues Jan. 12 with Robert Randolph & the Family Band, followed Jan. 21 by Blackberry Smoke. The Blackberry Smoke concert will take place immediately after the annual Cowboy Downhill.
The lone February performance is a Feb. 9 Mardis Gras-inspired concert by Anders Osborne. March features three Bud Light Rocks the Boat concerts: a to-be-announced band on March 16, The Dunwells on March 23 and MarchFourth Marching Band on March 30.
The free concert series closes the ski area's 50th anniversary season with a live performance by Leftover Salmon on April 14.
"This is amazing lineup of talented artists as we head into our 50th season and the 14th year of free music in Steamboat," Steamboat Ski and Resort Corp's Rob Perlman said in a news release. Perlman is senior vice president of sales and marketing for the resort.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- New Silver Creek Fire burning in Routt National Forest
- Anger, disappointment and shock after mural vandalized in downtown Steamboat Springs
- Pot shop sues city of Steamboat after relocation application denied
- Tom Ross: Steamboat Whistle publication provides glimpse of summer tourism in the 1960s
- Driver in fatal US 40 crash sentenced to 18 years in prison