Holiday Dessert Bake-off: Tera Swartz’s Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
November 6, 2012
Tera Swartz’s Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
3 eggs (well beaten)
1 cup of raisins
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of butter
1 cup of brown sugar
Recommended Stories For You
1 cup of white sugar
2 1/2 of cup flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon of nutmeg (optional)
2 teaspoons of baking soda
2 cups of oatmeal
1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine beaten eggs, raisins and vanilla in a bowl and let stand for approximately one hour. Combine flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and oatmeal. Set aside. Cream together butter and sugars until a light, fluffy mixture is created. Add flour mixture until just combined. Blend in egg-raisin mixture and chocolate chips. Dough will be stiff.
Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Yields 6 dozen.
This recipe is NOT for high altitude. To convert to high altitude reduce baking soda from 2 teaspoons to one teaspoon and reduce both sugars from 1 cup each to 3/4 of a cup each.
The best secret is soaking the raisins.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Orthopedic surgeons partner to create new combined practice in Steamboat
- Craig police, school district investigating shooting threat made on high school by two students
- Routt County treasurer withholding tax money from Steamboat after tax error discovered
- Steamboat business owner has issues with pot shops being stuck in west side of town
- Students who threatened school shooting in Craig located by police