Holiday Dessert Bake-off: Sue Ellen Peck’s Chai Latte Cupcakes
November 6, 2012
Sue Ellen Peck’s Chai Latte Cupcakes
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup (1stick) sweet butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar
Recommended Stories For You
2 large egg whites
1/4 cup concrete chai ‘original’ liquid
Dash of cardaimum
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Place baking cups in a muffin tin, mix all dry ingredients into a medium-sized bowl, beat butter and sugar until smooth in another bowl.
Add the egg whites, slowly, beating well.slowly add the dry mixture, then finally the chai mixture and buttermilk mix until combined.
Spoon into cups and bake approximately 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes after removing from oven. Let cool completely before icing.
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 up .margarine, softened
In a medium sauce pan combine flour and milk. Cook over medium heat until mixture is very thick, stirring constantly.
Cover surface with plastic wrap, cool mixture in fridge. In a large bowl, mix margarine and sugar until bleanded and fluffy. Gradually add cooled flour and milk mixture a few tablespoons at a time, beating at high speed. Beating until smooth. Blend in vanilla and cool slightly.
Frost as usual.
Lemon and coffee can be added as flavoring.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Flourishing or floundering? Bald eagle population recovery celebrated, but another threat remains
- New development plans submitted for 655 Yampa St.
- Steamboat boy battles kidney cancer
- Spring Creek at a tipping point? Some worry about more cycling traffic coming off of Buffalo Pass
- Routt County real estate transactions: April 13 to 19, 2018