Holiday Dessert Bake-off: Liz Meissner’s Santa On His Way Cupcakes (Best Presentation)
November 6, 2012
Elizabeth Meissner’s Santa On His Way Cupcakes
3/4 cup soft butter
2 cups of flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
Recommended Stories For You
1 package chocolate pudding mix
2/4 teaspoon of baking soda
3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teapsoon salt
1 and 1/2 cups of sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 and 1/2 cups milk (almond, soy, cows, coconut — any kind will work)
Preheat oven to 350.
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl set aside: flour, cocoa, pudding mix, soda, powder, salt.
Beat butter till fluffy and add eggs one at a time. Add sugar and vanilla. Alternately add dry ingredients and milk until combined. Pour into cupcake tins lined with cupcake wrappers, 2/3 full.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes and remove from pans. Ice and decorate
Classic buttercream icing:
2 sticks butter softened
3 cups of powdered sugar
Splash of vanilla
1/4 cup of milk or water
Whip butter until fluffy, add sugar and milk alternately, add vanilla. Beat until creamy and spreadable: you may need more sugar or milk. Use milk sparingly—a little goes a long way. Spread on cool cupcakes.
Note: For Santa On His Way with reindeer you will need assorted decorations and sanding sugars. Feel free to be creative and use what is available to you.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- College student recovers after getting bitten by rattlesnake near Steamboat
- Man who unintentionally fired bullet during Steamboat baseball game is a Wyoming police officer
- City to consider vacating easements near RiverView development on Yampa River
- Steamboat dog makes miraculous recovery
- Ohana’s growth means change for coffee lovers