Holiday Dessert Bake-off: Lindsay Porter’s Red Velvet Cupcakes
November 9, 2012
Lindsay Porter’s Red Velvet Cupcakes
Makes 24 cupcakes
1 German Chocolate Cake Mix
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup oil
Recommended Stories For You
1 ounce red food color
Preheat oven to 350. Put cupcake liners in muffin tin.
Only use the mix from the German Chocolate cake mix — do not add the listed ingredients on the box.
Mix all the ingredients together for 2 minutes.
Spoon about a 1/4 cup of mix into each cupcake liner. Bake 22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely and frost with cream cheese frosting.
Cream cheese frosting:
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened but not melted
1 pound powder sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Store in refrigerator. Good for 1 month. You can also use this recipe for 8-inch round or 9-by-13 sheet cake. Grease the pans. Adjust baking time to 33 to 38 minutes.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Spring runoff 2018 in Steamboat Springs defies the odds
- JetBlue adds 3 new destinations to Steamboat’s winter flight schedule
- Arrest made in downtown Steamboat business burglary
- What trails are open around Steamboat Springs this mud season? We checked in with some experts
- Roaming snowcat food truck, renovated restaurant coming to Steamboat Ski Area