Holiday Dessert Bake-off: Laura Sankey’s Maple Pralines
November 12, 2012
Laura Sankey’s Maple Pralines
Whether you're a Northerner or Southerner, these candies deliver a taste of home. A twist on classic pralines, with delicious pure maple syrup and chocolate, made even easier, with all cooking done in the microwave.
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2/3 cup half and half
1/8 teaspoon salt
Recommended Stories For You
2 tablespoons butter
1 ½ cup toasted chopped pecans
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
In a large, microwave safe bowl, combine brown sugar, maple syrup, cream, salt and margarine. Stir together. Microwave for 4 minutes on high, stir, return to microwave for another 4 minutes. Let rest 1 minute. Stir in pecans and stir for 3 minutes. Drop by teaspoon onto buttered wax paper.
Microwave chips in microwave safe bowl on 50 percent power for 1 minute. Stir until melted.
Drizzle chocolate mixture over pralines. Allow chocolate to harden.
Makes 3 dozen candies
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- College student recovers after getting bitten by rattlesnake near Steamboat
- Anger, disappointment and shock after mural vandalized in downtown Steamboat Springs
- Man who unintentionally fired bullet during Steamboat baseball game is a Wyoming police officer
- Yampa River flows on the rise due to reservoir releases above Steamboat
- Steamboat City Council seeks to place 5 percent tax on marijuana before voters