Holiday Dessert Bake-off: Jill Waldman’s Rugula
November 9, 2012
Jill Waldman’s Rugula
1 ¼ cups of flour
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup of sugar (4 ounces)
Recommended Stories For You
¼ pound of butter (1 stick)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
Chop the butter in small pieces and place in mixing bowl of a food processor with the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Pulse a few times. Add vanilla and lemon juice. Pulse again.
With processor running (on) add the egg and continue mixing until the dough forms a ball.
Divide into two discs and wrap the dough in plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator several hours or overnight or if you are pinched for time in freezer for an hour. Heat oven to 360 degrees. Roll out each disc of dough into a circle to 1/8-inch thickness.
Spread on your toppings; jam, nuts, coconut, chocolate chips, etc. Use your imagination!
Cut the circle into 12 equal parts using a pizza cutter. Carefully roll up the cookies and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes turning the pan every five minutes.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Arrest made in downtown Steamboat business burglary
- Flourishing or floundering? Bald eagle population recovery celebrated, but another threat remains
- New development plans submitted for 655 Yampa St.
- Assault at restaurant: The Record for Saturday, April 21, 2018
- Remember when naked foxes roamed Steamboat?