Holiday Dessert Bake-off: Christopher Stone’s Christmas Lemon Cake
November 9, 2012
Christopher Stone’s Christmas Lemon Cake
1 package (18 ounces) yellow cake mix
1 package (3 1/2 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
3/4 cup oil
Recommended Stories For You
3/4 cup water
1/2 box (1 pound) powdered sugar (from health food store — it tastes fresher)
1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoons melted butter
1 tablespoons water
Combine cake and pudding mixes with eggs, oil and water. Mix well 2 to 3 minutes with mixer. Turn into ungreased, 12-cup) bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees 40 to 50 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cover with foil if cake is getting too browned. Remove from oven.
While warm, pierce surface of cake with tines of fork and pour lemon icing evenly over cake. Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, melted butter and water and beat with a mixer until smooth. Pour over cake while still warm.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Man self-splints broken arm after being thrown from horse in Zirkels
- Steamboat school district cost of living ranks 4th highest in Colorado
- Yampa River closure affects fishing in Steamboat
- Routt County real estate transactions for July 6 to 12, 2018
- Firefighters respond to wildfire in North Routt County