Holiday Dessert Bake-off: Christina Rosch’s Snow White Chocolate Cheesecake
November 6, 2012
Christina Rosch’s Snow White Chocolate Cheesecake
1 ½ cups of flour
½ cups of sugar
½ cup of macadamia nuts
5 1-ounce squares of butter
Recommended Stories For You
1 egg, beaten
In a food processor, combine flour and sugar, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Stir in remaining ingredients; mix well.
Press onto the bottom and sides of a 9-inch spring form pan.
When done, place in freezer to chill while making filling.
9 1-ounce squares
White baking chocolate
1/3 cup of whipping cream
1 tablespoon of real vanilla extract
3 8-oz packages cream cheese
1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 c whipping cream
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Combine chocolate and cream in a double boiler or a pan placed over boiling water to melt, stir constantly over simmering water until completely melted.
Stir in vanilla; keep warm.
Combine cream cheese and condensed milk, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
Stir in chocolate mixture, mix well. Pour over crust.
Bake at 325 for approximately 90 minutes in a water bath or until top is an even golden brown and begins to crack slightly.
Remove from water and let cool completely at room temperature before removing rim of pan. Chill.
Garnish with choice of powdered sugar or seasonal fruit.
Notes and tips:
• To bake cheesecake in a water bath, wrap foil around the spring form pan and place a Pyrex dish filled with 1 inch of water. Process bakes a moister cake.
• When assembling spring form pan, flip bottom over so lip is on bottom. When serving, slices slide off bottom of pan easier.
• Before preparing cheesecake, take all dairy products out, including eggs, and let reach room temperature.
• This recipe comes from my Swiss aunt, a master baker, whose father was a professional baker in Switzerland once upon a time. What sets it apart from other cheesecakes is its crust; in fact, both the filling and the crust deliciously vie for top billing as to who the real dessert is here. In the end, the outrageous creaminess complements the nutty white chocolate and macadamia nut cum French florentine cookie crust.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Arrest made in downtown Steamboat business burglary
- Spring runoff 2018 in Steamboat Springs defies the odds
- Assault at restaurant: The Record for Saturday, April 21, 2018
- Remember when naked foxes roamed Steamboat?
- New investigation concludes Sen. Baumgardner created offensive work environment at Capitol