Holiday Dessert Bake-off: Bethany DeBlasis’ Low Fat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
November 9, 2012
Bethany DeBlasis’ Low Fat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
1 cup pureed pumpkin pulp
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup packed brown sugar
Recommended Stories For You
2 1/2 Cups Flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup chocolate chips
In a bowl, beat pureed pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, and applesauce until well blended.
In seperate bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt and spices.
Little by little add dry mixture to wet mixture. Stir in chocolate chips until evenly dispersed in mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a toothpick can be inserted in to middle of loaf and be removed cleanly. Let cool 20 minutes and remove from pan.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Orthopedic surgeons partner to create new combined practice in Steamboat
- Craig police, school district investigating shooting threat made on high school by two students
- Students who threatened school shooting in Craig located by police
- Mom And Dad set to take over the Old Town Pub in Steamboat
- Steamboat business owner has issues with pot shops being stuck in west side of town