Holiday Dessert Bake-off: Annabelle Stone’s Pink Peppermint Pie
November 9, 2012
Annabelle Stone’s Pink Peppermint Pie
24 chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
1/2 cup butter
3 cups mini marshmallows
1/2 cup milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
Recommended Stories For You
1/2 cup cruched peppermint candies
Combine cookies and melted butter and press into 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes then let cool.
Put 3 cups marshmallows in a double boiler. Add milk and cook until mixture melts and thickens. Cool in refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
In another bowl, whip the cream. Blend in the crushed candy and add one drop of red food coloring. Fold whipped cream mixture into melted and cooled marshmellow mixture. Pour into crust and chill well before serving.
Children love this treat for the holidays.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Orthopedic surgeons partner to create new combined practice in Steamboat
- Former Steamboat teacher suspected of burglarizing bike shop
- Storm creates white-out conditions on Rabbit Ears Pass
- Steamboat business owner has issues with pot shops being stuck in west side of town
- Routt County treasurer withholding tax money from Steamboat after tax error discovered