Holiday Dessert Bake-off: Angela Koss’ Chocolate Pecan Pie
November 9, 2012
Angela Koss’ Chocolate Pecan Pie
3 large eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
2 tablespoons butter
Recommended Stories For You
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup "secret ingredient"
1 1/2 cups pecans
In medium bowl stir eggs, corn syrup, sugar, melted chocolate, vanilla and butter until well blended. Stir in pecans. Pour into pie crust-lined dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Serve with your favorite topping: ice cream, whip cream or a drizzle of Irish whiskey.
The Best Pie Crust Ever, for single shell
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3/4 cup Crisco
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 teaspoon white vinegar
3 tablespoons milk (whole milk is best)
With pastry blender, combine flour, brown sugar, Crisco and salt until mixture resembles coarse meal. In small bowl, mix egg, vinegar and milk; add to flour mixture, mixing only until dough holds together in a ball.
Refrigerate for 1 hour. Roll out on floured pastry cloth. Put into lightly greased 9-inch pie plate. Trim to a 1-inch overhang and flute edges.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Orthopedic surgeons partner to create new combined practice in Steamboat
- Craig police, school district investigating shooting threat made on high school by two students
- Routt County treasurer withholding tax money from Steamboat after tax error discovered
- Steamboat business owner has issues with pot shops being stuck in west side of town
- Students who threatened school shooting in Craig located by police