Holiday Dessert Bake-off: Angela Koss’ Cherry Pecan Coffee Cake
November 9, 2012
Angela Koss’ Cherry Pecan Coffee Cake
1 cup sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
Recommended Stories For You
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
16 ounces of fresh cherries (pitted) or frozen
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Grease and flour a flat bottomed tube pan.
In a large bowl, mix together sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and eggs. Fold in sour cream. Pour half of the batter into pan. Mix topping ingredients of sugar, pecans, cherries and cinnamon; sprinkle half the topping mixture over batter in pan.
Pour remaining batter into pan. Sprinkle with remaining topping. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean. Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- New Silver Creek Fire burning in Routt National Forest
- Two fires ignite north and south of Steamboat late Sunday afternoon
- Tom Ross: Steamboat Whistle publication provides glimpse of summer tourism in the 1960s
- Pot shop sues city of Steamboat after relocation application denied
- Routt County real estate transactions for July 13 to 19, 2018