Holiday Dessert Bake-off a sweet treat
November 6, 2012
Steamboat Springs — The Steamboat Pilot & Today's annual Holiday Dessert Bake-off and Community Open House brought more than 150 people to Colorado Mountain College's new auditorium Monday to sample nearly 50 different homemade desserts brought in by Routt County residents. The free event is co-sponsored by Ace at the Curve, Moxie Home Consignments and Design, Easy 94.1 FM, CMC and Lil' House Country Biscuits & Coffee.
This year's winners were: Best Cake — John Wither's Fresh Apple Cake; Best Cookies — Robin Stone's Molasses Sugar Cookies; Best Miscellaneous Dessert — Megan Jonathans' Apple Crumble Cheesecake; Best Pie — Ellen Ladley's Heavenly Holiday Chocolate Pie; Best Presentation — Liz Meissner's Santa On His Way Cupcakes; and Community Choice — Meghan McNamara's Miss Paula's Italian Creme Cake. Recipes from all 47 Dessert Bake-off entries will be posted this week on ExploreSteamboat.com, and the winners will be featured in the upcoming edition of Steamboat Living magazine.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Orthopedic surgeons partner to create new combined practice in Steamboat
- Former Steamboat teacher suspected of burglarizing bike shop
- Storm creates white-out conditions on Rabbit Ears Pass
- Routt County treasurer withholding tax money from Steamboat after tax error discovered
- Steamboat business owner has issues with pot shops being stuck in west side of town