Holiday Dessert Bake-off a sweet treat
November 6, 2012
Steamboat Springs — The Steamboat Pilot & Today's annual Holiday Dessert Bake-off and Community Open House brought more than 150 people to Colorado Mountain College's new auditorium Monday to sample nearly 50 different homemade desserts brought in by Routt County residents. The free event is co-sponsored by Ace at the Curve, Moxie Home Consignments and Design, Easy 94.1 FM, CMC and Lil' House Country Biscuits & Coffee.
This year's winners were: Best Cake — John Wither's Fresh Apple Cake; Best Cookies — Robin Stone's Molasses Sugar Cookies; Best Miscellaneous Dessert — Megan Jonathans' Apple Crumble Cheesecake; Best Pie — Ellen Ladley's Heavenly Holiday Chocolate Pie; Best Presentation — Liz Meissner's Santa On His Way Cupcakes; and Community Choice — Meghan McNamara's Miss Paula's Italian Creme Cake. Recipes from all 47 Dessert Bake-off entries will be posted this week on ExploreSteamboat.com, and the winners will be featured in the upcoming edition of Steamboat Living magazine.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Steamboat school district cost of living ranks 4th highest in Colorado
- Yampa river closures affect fishing in Steamboat
- Routt County real estate transactions for July 6 to 12, 2018
- Man self-splints broken arm after being thrown from horse in Zirkels
- Firefighters respond to wildfire in North Routt County