Halloween events in Steamboat
October 25, 2009
– Scary stories with Spellbinders – Bud Werner Memorial Library Hall, 6 p.m. Friday
The Bud Werner Memorial Library invites adults and children older than 8 to listen to bone-chilling tales in the dark of Library Hall. The free program will feature local members of Spellbinders, a volunteer storytelling organization. Call 879-0240 or go to http://www.steamboatlibrary.org.
– Hallow’s Eve Zombie Ball – Mambo Italiano, 10 p.m. Friday
Costumes and undead makeup are encouraged for the Zombie Ball, with a costume contest for zombie king and queen and a “Thriller” dance-off. Cover to be announced. Call 870-0500.
521 Lincoln Ave.
– Kids carving event – Steamboat Arts & Crafts Gym, 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday
Recommended Stories For You
Bring your own pumpkin for this free carving party. Call 879-0384. 1280 13th St.
– Denver Broncos alumni game – Steamboat Springs High School Gym, 10 a.m.
Five Denver Broncos alumni will take on the Steamboat Springs All-Stars in an exhibition basketball game. Doors open at 9 a.m., and the event features a costume contest and prizes. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children ages 2 to 18. Tickets are available at middle and high schools, Awesome Shirtworks, Wells Fargo, All that Jazz, Geeks Garage and Debbie Aragon’s State Farm insurance agency.
– Festival O’ Pumpkins – Routt County Courthouse lawn, 3:30 to 8 p.m. Saturday
The Steamboat Springs Arts Council presents its second annual Festival O’ Pumpkins contest, with prizes for scariest, funniest, most artistic or best in the ‘Boat. Registration is from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., judging is from 5:30 to 7 p.m., and pumpkin pickup goes until 8 p.m. Free. Call 879-9008.
– Downtown Halloween Stroll- Lincoln Avenue, 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday
This free event invites children of all ages to trick-or-treat at the businesses on Lincoln Avenue. Call 846-1800.
– “Monster Mash” Boys and Girls Club of Steamboat, 6:30 to 9 p.m. Saturday
The Boys and Girls Club of Steamboat is sponsoring a “Monster Mash” after the Halloween Stroll.
Events include a dance party, costume contest, games and complimentary popcorn and beverages. Free. The Boys and Girls Club is in the gym at Eighth and Aspen streets. Call Sahra at 303- 532-9274.
– Agent Orange with the Amputators – Ghost Ranch Saloon, 9 p.m. Saturday
Classic punk rock band Agent Orange returns to Steamboat with local rock band Amputators opening the show. Wear a costume for a chance at prizes. Pay $10 at the door. Call 879-9898. 56 Seventh St.
– Missed the Boat – Mahogany Ridge Brewery and Grill, 10 p.m. Saturday
Local folk rock and bluegrass band Missed the Boat will bring a disco theme and prizes to Mahogany’s Halloween and costume party. Free.
Call 879-3773. 435 Lincoln Ave.
– Halloween party with DJ Also Starring – The Tap House Sports Grill, 10 p.m. Saturday
DJ Also Starring provides the music for a Halloween bash that includes a costume contest for a snowboard.
The $10 door fee buys a chance to win a 2009-10 season ski pass. Call 879-2431. 729 Lincoln Ave.
– Springdale Quartet – Old Town Pub, 10 p.m. Saturday
The Boulder band plays blues, jazz and funk, and the bar hosts a costume contest.
Cover to be determined.
Call 879-2101. 600 Lincoln Ave.
– Rowdy Shade House Funk Band – The Boathouse Pub, 10 p.m.
Dance to Front Range funk music while competing in a costume contest. Free.
Call 879-4797. 609 Yampa St.
– Costume contest and Halloween party – Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant, time TBA
Call 871-6277. 628 Lincoln Ave.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- New Silver Creek Fire burning in Routt National Forest
- Anger, disappointment and shock after mural vandalized in downtown Steamboat Springs
- Pot shop sues city of Steamboat after relocation application denied
- Tom Ross: Steamboat Whistle publication provides glimpse of summer tourism in the 1960s
- Two fires ignite north and south of Steamboat late Sunday afternoon