Fishing Rules and Regulations
July 28, 2011
A Colorado fishing license is required for anyone 16 and older. An annual fishing license is $26 for Colorado residents and $56 for nonresidents. Seniors 64 and older who are residents of Colorado can purchase an annual fishing license for $1. Visitors may purchase one-day and five-day licenses. Anyone who purchases a Colorado fishing or hunting license must also purchase a Colorado Wildlife Habitat Stamp for $10.
In water where trout may be kept (Steamboat Lake, for example), the daily bag limit for rainbow, brown and cutthroat trout is four fish, with a possession limit (includes coolers) of eight. The bag and possession limit for brook trout is 10.
Trout caught in the town stretch of the Yampa River must be returned unharmed to the water. Fishing is with flies and lures only.
For more information visit: http://wildlife.state.co.us/Fishing/.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Steamboat loses a leading citizen in Mary Brown Tomasini
- Steamboat’s Big Agnes planning 11-week ‘staff meeting’ on Continental Divide Trail
- On the market: A rare downtown development opportunity
- Routt County real estate transactions: May 18 to 24, 2018
- Appeal by convicted Steamboat child molester denied