Eagle voters reject Target, condos
January 6, 2010
Steamboat Springs — The Vail Daily is reporting that residents of the Town of Eagle narrowly voted down the controversial Eagle River Station project, including a Target, Tuesday.
The final results were 1,175 voting against the project and 1,019 in favor of the plan. The newspaper posted the results to its Web site after they became available after 4 a.m. today.
Town Clerk Marilene Miller told the Vail Daily that about 61 percent of Eagle’s 3,585 registered voters cast ballots Tuesday.
Plans for Eagle River Station include 552,000 square feet of commercial space with a Target store, hotel and 581 condos on the east side of town.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Man self-splints broken arm after being thrown from horse in Zirkels
- City to consider vacating easements near RiverView development on Yampa River
- Steamboat dog makes miraculous recovery
- Routt County real estate transactions for July 6 to 12, 2018
- Drinking in the library: The Record for Saturday, July 14, 2018