Eagle voters reject Target, condos
January 6, 2010
Steamboat Springs — The Vail Daily is reporting that residents of the Town of Eagle narrowly voted down the controversial Eagle River Station project, including a Target, Tuesday.
The final results were 1,175 voting against the project and 1,019 in favor of the plan. The newspaper posted the results to its Web site after they became available after 4 a.m. today.
Town Clerk Marilene Miller told the Vail Daily that about 61 percent of Eagle’s 3,585 registered voters cast ballots Tuesday.
Plans for Eagle River Station include 552,000 square feet of commercial space with a Target store, hotel and 581 condos on the east side of town.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Orthopedic surgeons partner to create new combined practice in Steamboat
- Former Steamboat teacher suspected of burglarizing bike shop
- Storm creates white-out conditions on Rabbit Ears Pass
- Routt County treasurer withholding tax money from Steamboat after tax error discovered
- Steamboat business owner has issues with pot shops being stuck in west side of town