Class notes for Nov. 23
November 23, 2008
Kristi Brown earns a Master of Public Health
Steamboat Springs — Kristi Brown was awarded a master’s degree in Public Health from Walden University earlier this year. A 2001 graduate of Boston University, Brown is employed with Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains and owns the Cantina Restaurant. She is an Education Fund Board member and sits on the Yampa Valley Housing Authority Board of Directors. Brown resides in Steamboat Springs with her husband, Jeff, and two children, Scott, 11, and Jackie, 9.
2003 Hayden graduate represents her law class
Allison Hall, a 2003 graduate of Hayden High School and 2007 graduate of the University of Colorado, was selected to represent her first-year law class as the New England School of Law in Boston celebrated its 100th anniversary. The gala event featured retired Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor and other notable judges. Hall was one of a select number of students invited to an informal question-and-answer session with Justice O’Connor. O’Connor discussed the history behind the continued struggle for women in the legal field and gave advice in regards to career advancement.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- College student recovers after getting bitten by rattlesnake near Steamboat
- Anger, disappointment and shock after mural vandalized in downtown Steamboat Springs
- Man who unintentionally fired bullet during Steamboat baseball game is a Wyoming police officer
- New Silver Creek Fire burning in Routt National Forest
- Yampa River flows on the rise due to reservoir releases above Steamboat