Class notes for Nov. 23
November 23, 2008
Kristi Brown earns a Master of Public Health
Steamboat Springs — Kristi Brown was awarded a master’s degree in Public Health from Walden University earlier this year. A 2001 graduate of Boston University, Brown is employed with Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains and owns the Cantina Restaurant. She is an Education Fund Board member and sits on the Yampa Valley Housing Authority Board of Directors. Brown resides in Steamboat Springs with her husband, Jeff, and two children, Scott, 11, and Jackie, 9.
2003 Hayden graduate represents her law class
Allison Hall, a 2003 graduate of Hayden High School and 2007 graduate of the University of Colorado, was selected to represent her first-year law class as the New England School of Law in Boston celebrated its 100th anniversary. The gala event featured retired Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor and other notable judges. Hall was one of a select number of students invited to an informal question-and-answer session with Justice O’Connor. O’Connor discussed the history behind the continued struggle for women in the legal field and gave advice in regards to career advancement.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Orthopedic surgeons partner to create new combined practice in Steamboat
- Craig police, school district investigating shooting threat made on high school by two students
- Students who threatened school shooting in Craig located by police
- Routt County treasurer withholding tax money from Steamboat after tax error discovered
- Steamboat business owner has issues with pot shops being stuck in west side of town