Broncos alumni set to return to Steamboat
Athletes will play exhibition basketball game Oct. 31
October 20, 2009
Steamboat Springs — Some Denver Broncos alumni will return to Steamboat Springs on Oct. 31 to take part in an all-star basketball exhibition game.
The former Broncos will play a group of local students and community members at 10 a.m. at Steamboat Springs High School.
Doors open at 9 a.m., and the cost is $10 for adults and $5 for children.
In addition to the game, there will be concessions, prizes, drawings and a Halloween costume contest judged by the Broncos for children ages 2 to 12.
There will also be autograph sessions at halftime and after the basketball game.
The event is being put on by Steamboat Springs High School Booster Club. The club did it two years ago, and the venture was successful.
Recommended Stories For You
Former Broncos expected to attend include Dave Studdard, Mark Jackson, Louie Wright, Ron Egloff and Billy Thompson.
Together, Wright and Thompson have eight Pro Bowl selections, and both are members of the Broncos Ring of Fame.
Tickets are available in advance at Steamboat Springs High School and Middle School, Awesome Shirtworks, Wells Fargo, All that Jazz, Geeks Garage and State Farm Debbie Aragon. Tickets also will be available for purchase before the game and at the Oct. 30 Steamboat Springs High School football game. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Orthopedic surgeons partner to create new combined practice in Steamboat
- Students who threatened school shooting in Craig located by police
- Craig police, school district investigating shooting threat made on high school by two students
- Mom And Dad set to take over the Old Town Pub in Steamboat
- Steamboat business owner has issues with pot shops being stuck in west side of town