Bill loves Steamboat and the snow
November 16, 2012
There's no doubt about it anymore. When Bill wakes up each morning for work, a frost covers his windshield.
Where's the ice scraper again?
The steering wheel is cold to the touch. Where are those gloves that he hasn't seen since last February?
Last year's mild winter (it's been sunny since the Spring Equinox) means this blast of cold and snow is even more of a shock.
How is Bill going to keep up with all his favorite winter activities? For starters, he refreshes his memopry of all his favorite ways to play in the snow with Explore Steamboat's activities page. There's basic information there about skiing on Mount Werner, great snowshoes in the area and a feature on the new Ice Castle attraction.
Now, on to the weekend:
Recommended Stories For You
With Scholarship Day set for Wednesday and the snowmakers blasting away on Mount Werner, Bill is in the festive mood.
On Saturday, he plans to catch one of three showings of the new Warren Miller movie "Flow State" at Colorado Mountain College, then he'll join his fellow snow and water enthusiasts at the Big Snow Dance Backcountry Ball, which was featured on ExploreSteamboat.com on Friday.
Of course, then there's remembering how to ski – just like riding a bike, right?
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Spring runoff 2018 in Steamboat Springs defies the odds
- Arrest made in downtown Steamboat business burglary
- What trails are open around Steamboat Springs this mud season? We checked in with some experts
- JetBlue adds 3 new destinations to Steamboat’s winter flight schedule
- Roaming snowcat food truck, renovated restaurant coming to Steamboat Ski Area