Best Party Thrown by a Local: Nick Anderson
October 13, 2016
It went from celebrating big dumps to birthday candles.
That's the story behind town's Best Party Thrown by a Local, which goes to an annual rager hosted by seven-year local Nick Anderson.
"It started as a 'pray for powder' party three years ago," Anderson says of the annual outdoor bash held in North Routt County. "This year, I had it for my birthday."
The June bash celebrated his 26th year with 150 to 200 people camping out to wish him good cheer and dance to three bands performing on a makeshift stage, including Steamboat's Buffalo Commons, Denver's GoodTouch and Funky Junk — friends of his who drove out from Indiana to play.
"It was by far the biggest one, for sure," says Anderson, who moved here seven years ago from Indiana to attend Colorado Mountain College. "I don't think we can get it any bigger."
Recommended Stories For You
Anderson, a landscaper, says rain threatened to put a damper on this year's party, but the birthday gods smiled on the celebration.
"The weather made us a little nervous for a while, but it turned out great," he says, adding the party even included an impromptu fireworks show above the stage. "It was a pretty incredible party, which was the best present I could ask for."
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Spring runoff 2018 in Steamboat Springs defies the odds
- JetBlue adds 3 new destinations to Steamboat’s winter flight schedule
- Arrest made in downtown Steamboat business burglary
- What trails are open around Steamboat Springs this mud season? We checked in with some experts
- Roaming snowcat food truck, renovated restaurant coming to Steamboat Ski Area