Best Mustache: Rob Peterson
October 13, 2016
When it comes to mustaches, mountain towns are pretty accepting. Steamboat is no exception, with a whopping 65 write-ins coming in the Best of the Boat category for upper lip facial follicles.
In the end, with a drooping Fu Manchu that hangs an inch or two below his chin, Rob Peterson of Big Agnes won the category handlebars down, besting runner-ups Brandon "Brando" Miller, Mike Salazar, Charlie Pickett and Danny Miller. Also receiving votes were Kris Allen and Will Cheesebro.
"I've been rocking this style for over 10 years," Peterson says. "This particular one starts in early spring, because I rock a different style in the wintertime."
As for the panache of his 'stache, he says it just fits his overall steeze.
"I've always loved the handlebar/Fu Manchu style because it means business," he says. "And most of the ladies have always loved it; it's easy for them to stroke."
While stray strands might occasionally stick to his phone's mouthpiece at work, fellow employees are quick to heap praise on his hairpiece.
Recommended Stories For You
"Rob’s mustache is more glorious, majestic and magical than the mane of a mythic Pegasus," says Honey Stinger sales manager Nate Bird.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- College student recovers after getting bitten by rattlesnake near Steamboat
- Man who unintentionally fired bullet during Steamboat baseball game is a Wyoming police officer
- City to consider vacating easements near RiverView development on Yampa River
- Steamboat dog makes miraculous recovery
- Ohana’s growth means change for coffee lovers