Alysa Selby: Raise your voice
April 26, 2009
If you love to sing, or just wish you could find an opportunity to sing, consider joining the Yampa Valley Singers. These past three months, I had the great fortune to study with Emmy award-winning conductor Charles Bruffy and the local talents of Marie Carmichael and Dan Mullens. These individuals worked tirelessly to mold a masterful performance out of a group of 45 individuals who simply enjoy singing. Although I did not get the opportunity to sing in the Easter Messiah because of a spring cold, I did attend the Sunday performance, and I was in awe of the final product. From the singers in the chorus, to the orchestra, to the soloists, the Easter Messiah was so beautiful that tears came to my eyes as the music washed over me. What community of our size can boast such a performance and give budding singers the opportunity to sing with a professional orchestra? Thank you, Colorado Mountain College for sponsoring this event, and thank you, Ernest Richardson and the Steamboat Springs Orchestra for performing with us.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Flourishing or floundering? Bald eagle population recovery celebrated, but another threat remains
- New development plans submitted for 655 Yampa St.
- Steamboat boy battles kidney cancer
- Spring Creek at a tipping point? Some worry about more cycling traffic coming off of Buffalo Pass
- Routt County real estate transactions: April 13 to 19, 2018