6 nominated to U.S. Freestyle team
Steamboat skiers to compete in aerials, moguls
October 16, 2008
Steamboat Springs — Six skiers with ties to Steamboat Springs were nominated to the 2009 U.S. Freestyle Ski team.
Emiko Torito, Michael Morse, Ryan St. Onge, Jana Lindsey, Jaime Myers and Eliza Outtrim received nominations.
Torito was the lone member nominated to the A Team.
The mogulist won the U.S. Freestyle Championships at Deer Valley Resort in Park City, Utah, last year. She also picked up her first World Cup moguls victory in Lake Placid, N.Y.
Morse and St. Onge – who were named to the men’s B Team – also had big seasons last winter.
Morse won gold in the moguls and dual moguls events at the Sprint U.S. Freestyle Championships, while St. Onge won the men’s aerials at the U.S. Freestyle Championships.
Recommended Stories For You
Lindsey was named to the women’s B Team in aerials, while Myers (aerials) and Outtrim (moguls) were named to the women’s C Team.
The freestyle season begins Jan. 18 and 19 in Lake Placid with a World Cup event.
Trending In: Explore Steamboat
- Arrest made in downtown Steamboat business burglary
- Spring runoff 2018 in Steamboat Springs defies the odds
- Assault at restaurant: The Record for Saturday, April 21, 2018
- Remember when naked foxes roamed Steamboat?
- What trails are open around Steamboat Springs this mud season? We checked in with some experts